Text of the petition:
We, adult citizens of the Czech Republic signed bellow, demand that the government and the Parliament of the Czech Republic proceed at once to initiate procedures leading to the legalization of growing, processing and possessing cannabis for one’s own needs applying to all adult citizens of the Czech Republic.
What are our reasons?
- The prohibition is unsustainable in the long term and presents a serious violation of human rights.
- The repressive approach has failed to achieve stated goals and leads to wasting of resources of the state budget by needlessly burdening the law enforcement.
- The repressive approach has, for a long time, complicated access of patients to the versatile healing herb whose therapeutic effects have been confirmed by a hundreds of medical and scientific studies and a large body of research.
- Prohibition creates an environment for the development of a black market which benefits organized crime in the first place.
- Compared to alcohol and tobacco, which are legal substances, the health and social risks presented by cannabis are demonstrably lower, and its illegal status is untenable.
- The outdated international anti-drug accords have lost relevance in this century. More and more developed states are legalizing cannabis and reaping the benefits of this move.
We hereby demand that the Czech Republic also abandons the policy of cannabis prohibition which stems from myths and lies that were proven wrong a long time ago, and creates legislation based on evidence and facts verified by studies and research, rather than on assumptions and prejudice.
Signed by the petition committee:
Robert Veverka, Jaromírova 23, 128 00, Praha 2 (Legalizace.cz)
Michal Ketner, Obchodní 541, 411 08, Štětí (Czech Pirate Party)
Bronislav Tomek, Nuslova 42/V, 37701, Jindřichův Hradec (Green Party)
Support the legalization of cannabis in the Czech Republic!
Friends of cannabis and fighters for a fair cannabis legislation:
- Download the text of the petition here
- Print out the petition sheet and have it filled out and signed by adult citizens in your area.
- Send the duly filled out petition sheets (with legible name and surname and address, including the name of the municipality) to cz, Jaromírova 18, 128 00, Praha 2, Czech Republic.
- Our aim is to get 10, 000 signatures which we would immediately and publicly present to the Chamber of deputies of the Parliament of the Czech Republic.
- Thank you for your cooperation with collecting signatures for the petition demanding the legalization of cannabis.
Download our banners and support the petition for the legalization at your webpage.
The petition can be signed in the following places:
ArtBar Druhý Pád
Štefánikova 836/1, Brno (MON-SAT: 17.00 – 01.00)
Drlíčov 149, Písek
(MON-FRI: 9.00 – 12.00 a 13.00 – 17.00 | SAT: 9.00 – 12.00)
MoMo Veg Café
Trojická 8, Praha 2 Nové město (8.00 – 18.00)
Jaromírova 15, Praha 2 Nusle (10.00 – 19.00)
Osvobození 57, Cheb
(SUN-THU 14.00 – 22.00 | FRI-SAT 14.00 – 0.00)
Unijazz – Čítárna Unijazzu
Jindřišská pasáž, II. schodiště, 4. patro (14.00 – 22.30)
Jindříšská 5, Praha 1
Výpadová 1676/4a, Praha – Radotín
(MON: zavřeno | TUE-FRI: 8.00 – 20.00 | SAT-SUN: 10.00 – 18.00)
If you have the petition in your establishment, club or bar and would like to be placed on this list, send an email to email@example.com